Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'd rather celebrate Earth Day!


Happy Earth Day!

Did you know I have a mini eco-activist on my hand?



My daughter is on a mission - already, at the age of 5 - to save the world.  Why?  Because, as she puts it, she "lovesssss nature!!"

This girl not only talks the talk, she walks the walk.  She will find, and pick up the nastiest pieces of trash while we are on walks.  She will chastise you for leaving the water on for too long.  She hugs trees.  I'm not kidding.  She's a full-on tree-hugger.  I love it.

So to celebrate Earth Day, we are in nature-saving mode.  And we have a few things to suggest to you, if care to join us.

First - go see Oceans.  We are going to see it right after school - I think the kids will love it.  Plus, if you see it during the opening week, Disneynature will make a donation in your honor to save our coral reefs.

Second - have some earth-friendly fun!  We made a cereal box purse, a paper roll wallet, and a ribbon holder bracelet.  They are oh-so chic and very simple.  If you need directions, shoot me an email or comment below and I'd be glad to help you out.
And lastly, if you are a blog owner, you can make your blog carbon neutral.  Why would you want to do that?  Well, because the average blog (with 15,000 visits a month) has a yearly carbon dioxide emission of 8 lbs due to the immense energy usage of computers, servers, and the like.  The good news, is that only one tree can neutralize that emission!  The even better news is that you can join the "My Blog is Carbon Neutral" program and make your blog green with out even leaving your seat.  You just make a quick post, grab the button, send an email, then - voila! - a tree will be planted just for your blog!

That, my friends, adds up to some pretty fantastic green-making.

Now no excuses - go do something green, then pat yourself on the back.

3 comments:

  1. OK...i will plant 2 trees! One for me and 1 for someone who does not know this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post. Love the pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the coolest mom!!

    ReplyDelete