Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'd rather party!


Ultimate Blog Party 2010


I'm a party girl.

Seriously, I love a good party.

Because when the heck would I ever get adult interaction if it weren't for a good old bbq, birthday bash, or holiday soiree?  Close to never!

Do I sometimes make a fool of myself at said parties?  Sure!  Do I sometimes get a little tipsy?  Sure!  Do I have fun?  You bet!

That's why I'm happy to welcome all you party goers to my Ultimate Blog Party post!

What's that?  You have been under a rock don't know what an Ultimate Blog Party is?  Okay, I'll help you.  It's pretty much a big blog carnival, where bloggers and non-bloggers alike, visit each others blogs to meet, make friendships, connect and mingle!  (And we all know I love a good mingle.)

Another bonus? There are a bunch of prizes.  And by "a bunch" I mean, "good gracious, that's a freakin' big enough haul to make Oprah jealous."  I'll let you in on my favorites in a minute.

But first, I wanted to say thanks to 5 Minutes for Mom for hosting such a fun way for bloggers to meet and mingle and ... um ... Par-tay!!!  (And as a side note, I was lucky enough to meet Janice and Susan at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration, and I can atest, with first-hand knowledge, that they are lovely hostesses.)

Now, before I go a step further, you *must* get a drink in your hand.  No drink you say?  Alright, try this recipe on for size:

For my Fizzy White Wine Sangria, combine in a big bucket pitcher to taste:

* 1 bottle or more of sweet white wine
* 1 liter-ish of Sprite
* A few-ish cups of white grape juice
* 1 sliced lemon
* 1 sliced orange
* Lots of ice
* Other tidbits (strawberries, other juice, more liquor)

Stir.  Enjoy.  Enjoy.  Enjoy.

Alright, so now you have a drink.

Lets add some music.  (Cause once you have your drink, you know you want to dance.)
Please feel free to play your own, or, if you want to get this party started...



Annnnnd, back to the loot!

I, myself am privy the Uniquehorn custom wordpress design from UnicornBeauty (for my new mom-tips site I have in the works,) a $200 Apple gift certificate (hello iphone) from CmomGo, and a $250 certificate to any Hilton Garden Inn from bloggin2noggin!  (Oh, you should know I really want some of these prizes to use for my fundraising - I'm walking 60 miles to help find a cure for breast cancer.  The Komen 3-day walk for a cure is a big party too, believe it or not!)  Really, any of the prizes could be put to great use - including the grand prize Toshiba laptop! Helloooo! 

At a party you are supposed to get to know me.  But, I have the tendency to get nervous at parties and ramble.  Pointlessly.  Continuously.  Embarrassingly.  So, instead of doing that more I'll just tell you to come visit me here again sometime, or connect with me on twitter at @LastMinuteMandy.  I don't bite.  Much.

Alright, I think that's it for tonight.  I am a night owl, party animal, but I'm still on mom duty.  I'm hoping to add one more little gem for you all tomorrow.  (Because what's a party with music and drinks, but no dancing?  Not much of one at all, my new friends.  Not much of one at all.)  But you'll have to wait for that one.

Party on!  **Insert air guitar here**


16 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy, I love the way you write. This sounds like a very fun blog. I'm now a follower. And thanks for the Sangria recipe...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey turn that music up! You're very creative! Loving it. Hi nice to meet you. I'm from the UBP10. Enjoy the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh rock on! PARTAAAAY :)

    And nice to meet you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Popping in to be your latest google follower from UBP. I'd rather have the talent to be crafting-LOL! Feel free to pop into my blog! Have a great weekend!

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    www.groschengoblins.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good time :0 Oh and have you partied on the exercise yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your drink! maybe we will bump into each other through out the party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mandy! Long time no talk! Fancy seeing you here at this party ;) Don't get too rowdy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and the drink looks good! I'll be back for some more crafty goodness!

    http://mybackyardeden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, you had me at sangria! YUM!!

    Stopping by from UBP. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there!! Stopping by to party with you from UBP! That White Sangria looks AWESOME and I LOVE the Black Eyed Peas! LOL

    I'm following you with both of my blogs, and would love to have you visit them when you get a chance!

    One is my personal blog, Mother of Pearl It Is, and the other is my blog that features the best Top Sites and Blogs on the web through two Voting Topsites. Mommies Faves Top Sites and Blogs.

    I would also love to invite you to join us at our new Mommies Faves Mom Bloggers Network as well! :)

    Now back to the party, have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! Found your blog because of #UBP10 :) So glad to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey just tripped in, I mean stopped in from UBP10. Love the blog!! I love the drink!! However *hiccup* I think I'm at my end for tonight. Had to follow so I can come back and understand what I read next time. ;) Hope to see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from the UBP! all the way from South Africa! your crafts look gorgeous & fun!

    http://nataliesimons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. dude, it's time for a party.
    where's my excuse?
    oh I know - girl's night out!
    call meh

    ReplyDelete