Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'd rather everyone make it

Okay ladies.

I know how over a dozen of you are feeling.  I was there.  Not in the top 5 when the last round of Mamavation was announced.

Now what?

May I make a suggestion?  Here is my proposed list for you:

  1. Cry.  Like you did when you watched the Notebook.  Cry it out until your face is puffy.  (This is an optional step, of course, but I highly recommend it as it is very cathartic.  Plus you'll get it out of the way.)
  2. Mope.  Be pissed.  Go through the stages of Grief.  Including the one where you eat ice cream.
  3. Post.  Write about it.  BE REAL.  Tell us you're pissed.  Tell us you're upset.  Tell us.  Everything.
  4. Channel all that energy into your future.  Use it to push you through this rough spot, and into a place where you say, "Eff it.  I've had it.  I can kick butt, no matter what." 
  5. Turn around.  You'll see me - the other sisters - the cheerleaders - all of us rooting for you.  And we will help get you to where you want to be.
Sound good?  I expect to see you next to me.  (And honestly, ya'll know I need you just as much.)

That is all.  Just wanted to let you know that I will not leave a sister behind.  


2 comments: